MONDAY PLENARY PANEL PRESENTATION
APRIL 24, 2017
9:15 – 10:15 AM
THE ONTARIO PALLIATIVE CARE NETWORK: IMPROVING ACCESS TO HIGH QUALITY HOSPICE PALLIATIVE CARE
This panel discussion will highlight how the establishment of the Ontario Palliative Care Network (OPCN), a partnership of community stakeholders, health service providers and health-system planners, is building a coordinated, standardized approach for delivering hospice palliative care services in Ontario. With strong sustainable partnerships, knowledge and the release of various palliative care related reports, there is now greater understanding of the hospice palliative care landscape, where gaps exists and what patients and families desire.
The panelists will highlight OPCN’s work to date both provincially and through the 14 Regional Palliative Care Networks. The panelists will share current pockets of excellence in the field, new approaches and partnerships being implemented to achieve greater integration, access and better health outcomes for patients and families.
- MELODY BOYD, Provincial Clinical Co-Lead of the Ontario Palliative Care Network and Regional Manager for the North Simcoe Muskoka Palliative Care Network
- GREGG BROWN, Caregiver
- LEE FAIRCLOUGH, Vice President of Quality Improvement at Health Quality Ontario, Member of Executive Oversight, Ontario Palliative Care Network
- BILL MACLEOD, CEO, Mississauga Halton LHIN and Co-Chair of the Ontario Palliative Care Network Executive Oversight
- MICHAEL SHERAR, President and CEO of Cancer Care Ontario and Co-Chair of the Ontario Palliative Care Network Executive Oversight
- SUE VANDERBENT, CEO of Home Care Ontario, Member of Partnership Advisory Council, Ontario Palliative Care Network